Cushman & Wakefield is committed to maintaining a comprehensive, effective and convenient recycling program. Recycling is required in each jurisdiction in the Washington, DC metropolitan region and this page outlines all of the products that can be recycled in your building as well as the resources and materials that are available to you.
Please visit the DC Zero Waste website for general guidelines on what items can be recycled and which items must be placed in the trash.
All of the following materials can be recycled in your building:
- Paper products of all types and colors
- Cardboard (plain, non-waxed) including UPS and FEDEX boxes
- Plastics #1-7
- Electronic waste (only through annual e-waste recycling drives)
- Batteries (at a centralized recycling container)
All packaging tape, packing peanuts, etc. must be removed from boxes prior to recycling them. Waxed cardboard and Tyvek envelopes cannot be recycled. All boxes must be flattened. When recycling boxes/paper always remember if you can rip it, you can recycle it.
Your Property Management team will provide complementary:
- Desk-side recycling containers for paper
- Large recycling containers for kitchens and copy rooms
- One-on-one in-person recycling education. (We encourage our tenants to work with their Property Managers to develop strong recycling programs in their suites.)